Container ports play a critical role in securing the global economy. Without them, conducting business overseas would be largely impossible for many organisations.
Despite the critical role they play in trade, many ports are still relying on outdated communications infrastructure. These legacy systems might have worked well enough in the past. But in the age of digital transformation—with mobile devices, ubiquitous connectivity, and powerful automation abound—there’s a much more effective way forward.
Recently, DGWorld, a company that specialises in autonomous, AI and robotics solutions, deployed a kinetic mesh network for a full fleet of their autonomous terminal tractors in a modern container terminal. After searching for a suitable solution and conducting its due diligence, DGWorld ultimately opted for a kinetic mesh network engineered by Rajant. By deploying this innovative wireless solution, DGWorld experienced several benefits, including reduced licensing costs, increased flexibility, improved safety and enhanced productivity.
- The communication challenges ports face in today’s digital world
- The security concerns, including criminal involvement and terrorism
- How Rajant’s Kinetic Mesh can modernise and optimise port communications in a highly performant and highly secure way
- How the technology also enables ports to leverage automation to streamline workflows and increase productivity
- An overview of DGWorld’s infrastructure for autonomous terminal tractors
- The challenges DGWorld was facing when it comes to autonomous technologies
and how they overcame them using Rajant’s patented technology
- The benefits port operators can expect to realise by implementing kinetic mesh at their facilities
- And more!
To learn more about how you can modernise your port’s communications infrastructure and use automation to drive productivity and efficiency without compromising on security, register for the on-demand webinar today.